We are in the midst of the sixth mass extinction. Yet, biodiversity loss often fails to get as much attention as pollution, climate change, or other environmental issues.
What can be done to raise awareness? How can we prevent and reverse the collapse of ecosystems and restore biodiversity?
Tune in for a discussion with Derrick Mugisha, Earth Day Africa Director and Coordinator of the Uganda Biodiversity Youth Network.
Derrick shares findings from recent biodiversity reports and the big ideas in the Post 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework. Discover how to take action with Restore Our Earth, the Earth Day 2021 theme.
- Earth Day Africa
- Global Youth Biodiversity Network
- 52 Tips for Biodiversity, European Commission
- Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)
- Convention on Biological Diversity
- Derrick E Mugisha: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
2020 International Climate Action Challenge
Derrick is a mentor with the 2020 International Climate Action Challenge. Meet the mentors and challengers, and register for free to attend the Impact Summit at https://www.climateactionchallenge.net
Become a Member on Patreon
Support the podcast by becoming a member on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/greenteamacademy